Changes to my Study Program

 


As a first-year journalism student I haven't had a "university experience" yet so it's hard to comment on what I would change from this one but I can comment according to what I have seen and heard:

First, I would like the knowledge classes and the practice classes to be better distributed during the years of study, the practices are usually in the upper years and that is why many times the new students are dislucent and abandon the career, because they are only overwhelmed with readings.

Second, I would like that in the upper years we could all be "assistants" to the professors, not just some, I would like it to be a rotating job, because it is important that we all learn to teach and we can spend at least a week doing it since it is probably the only opportunity to approach teaching in journalism.

Third, although I really like that the University of Chile has a TV studio, radio and many facilities to practice, I would like it to be so in all universities, because many times students must look for how to be journalists without support from our educational institutions.

Fourth, I would like them not to give us so many exams and they were more tasks or works (except the subjects that really require it) because journalism is a profession that needs a lot of practice and for the exams the students usually study specific things risking everything in a single instance, the work would allow us to analyze, share and learn.

Finally, I would like that in this university specifically, we include the technologies of the digital age to learn, not stay only with traditional journalism that for many can be boring.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

My Favorite TV show

Time Travel to the Future